(1) Cafe Noir -- Throwers are invited to contribute their mugs to the Cafe Noir event. Deadline February 15th. A selection of different finishes is required so check in with Terry for some ideas if you want to glaze some of the thrown mugs. You may also wish to join Jill and Wendy at the guild on December 27th at 10:00 AM to throw mugs with them.
(2) The Beginner Wheel class starts Wednesday February 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM. It is full. Note the change of day to Wednesday.
(3) Kiln vote: The e-mail vote indicated a significant number of people in favor of purchasing a new kiln. A motion to specifically purchase the Skutt KM1018 kiln will be put forward at the January 10th meeting. If you wish to present an alternative kiln to purchase please do so at that time. The parameters are that it must work on a 50 amp service, that it is affordable and that it is user friendly to the existing enviro-vent. We have the discounted price confirmed from Georgies on the KM1018 if that is the one that the majority of members present on January 10th choose to purchase.
(4) Extruder -- has been ordered, thanks to Peter for the research he did on this, and Wendy and Coral for ordering and arranging to pick it up. The old extruder is available for member purchase. (see sheet on wall behind slab roller to place your bid).
(5) Beatles show -- kudos to Bev Gneo for organizing a very successful Beatles gallery show which featured pottery and hooked rugs.
(6) Season Sparkles and IOOF hall -- thanks to Jacquie, Enid, Terry, Tannis, Helen and others who prepared and sold items at these sales.
(6) Firings -- many thanks to Terry who has worked tirelessly to ensure all of the firings were completed prior to Christmas.
Enjoy your holidays. An agenda for the January meeting will be sent to you January 7th. (The executive will meet January 6 10:00 AM).